Personal Statement For Fellowship In Dental Surgery
Personal Statement Writing for a Fellowship in Dental Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery or dental surgery is one of several specialties in the field of dentistry. To become a dental surgeon requires completing an oral and maxillofacial residency program after graduation from dental school. There are several sub-specialties in dental surgery that will require completing a dental fellowship program. Application for a fellowship in dental surgery sub-specialties will include writing a personal statement, here a personal statement for fellowship sample can really help.
The dental fellowship personal statement should include:
- Reasons for choosing the specific sub-specialty. Admissions are interested in your motivations for choosing the field.
- Skills and abilities you bring to the program not included in other application documents
- What you want out of the program.
- Future career goals related to the program
Admissions committees use the personal statement to judge the level of commitment you have to the field, your suitability to the program and some indication that you have researched the field and understand what it involves.
Guidelines for Writing a Personal Statement for Fellowship in Dental Surgery
Most personal statements for fellowships in dental surgery have few rules. There is usually some kind of word limit restriction. Check with individual programs for their specific rules. The following are some general guidelines you may follow but they are not rules:
- Structure of the personal statement. The personal statement is usually under one page in length. A common approach for structure consists of a paragraph for 1) Introduction including reasons for choosing the sub-specialty 2) What you bring to the program 3) What you are looking for in the program and 4) One or two sentences on career goals and conclusion. Your reasons for why you chose the specialty may be elaborated on in one paragraph after the introduction.
- Writing style. Clear concise writing style. It is important that you be understood and brief sentences using simple language are best.
- Keep it relevant. Don’t include any unnecessary information. If it isn’t related to your application leave it out.
- Proofread. No spelling mistakes or grammatical errors allowed
Personal Statement Fellowship Examples
Writing fellowship personal statement might be tough. If you review some personal statement fellowship examples, you might want to get some ideas for how to write your own. The following is an example of a personal statement for dental surgery fellowship application:
Writing a good personal statement when applying for a fellowship in a dental surgery sub-specialty is essential. When you don’t know how to write one, don’t simply copycat some rheumatology personal statement. Make your own research, analyze and look for ideas. In case you are still having problems writing your personal statement, one alternative is to get help from our fellowship personal statement service.
And if you need a quality fellowship in dental surgery application, contact us right away.Get Help
Personal Statement Writing for a Fellowship in Dental Surgery Oral and maxillofacial surgery or dental surgery is one of several specialties in the field of dentistry. To become a dental surgeon re... Read More