The Importance of Your Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship Personal Statement
As you will be aware applying for a developmental behavioral pediatrics fellowship is not going to be easy. Places are few and many applicants will be disappointed. Even if you have the very best grades and qualifications there are no guarantees that you will be awarded a place as the admissions panel is looking for far more than just good exam results. Your developmental-behavioral pediatrics fellowship personal statement is probably the most important part of your application as it is the only place in which you are going to be able to sell yourself to them and show that you are the very best choice for one of those valuable places.
What Should Be Included within Your Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship Personal Statement?
Your developmental-behavioral pediatrics fellowship application will need to show the committee precisely what they are looking for if you want to have any chance of being accepted. This will mean that you will need to carefully review their literature and their website before writing your personal statement to identify exactly what they value in a fellow. Typically they will want a fellow who:
- Can demonstrate that they have a real interest in developmental-behavioral pediatrics; show how and when you became interested and how you have pursued that interest through to now.
- Show that you have a career planned out in this area and that a fellowship is a vital part of your career plan.
- Show how this specific fellowship is the one that you need to follow; give positive reasons as to why you want to study with them.
- Show that you have all of the skills required to contribute and complete the fellowship; give clear and concise examples.
How to Write Your Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship Personal Statement
It is not enough to just write what they want to hear. They will review many personal statements and the quality of your writing will have a huge impact on how your statement is perceived. Therefore it is as important to ensure that your personal statement is written perfectly and in a manner that will get their attention as it is to say the right things:
- Use an interesting anecdote, quote, or fact that will get their attention within the opening lines of your statement.
- Make your statement flow like a story; a logical and well flowing personal statement will maintain their interest in what you have written.
- Use language that is appropriate; don’t use slang and avoid using words that the reader will have to look up to understand.
- Don’t waste your word count with irrelevant information, information that is available within other parts of your personal statement for fellowship, clichés, or by making statements that are obvious to the reader.
- Write concisely, your word count is limited and you need to make every word count.
- Write about yourself, but never lie or exaggerate.
We Can Write the Very Best Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship Personal Statement
We are a professional fellowship personal statement writing service that can provide you with the expert help that you need to submit a highly engaging and well written personal statement for your developmental behavioral pediatrics application. Our writers all have higher degrees and are highly experienced in writing a personal statement for medical fellowship applications. Every statement is checked for plagiarism and writing errors before being delivered to you on time. All services are covered by our money back guarantee and are highly affordable.