Why the Fellowship Personal Statement Is So Important to Your Application
The fellowship personal statement is one of the most important parts of your fellowship application, if not the most important part. It is your first and maybe only chance to personally address the selection committee. While it may not be the specific reason why or why not you are selected for a fellowship, it is usually the reason you are chosen by the selection committee for an interview. The fellowship personal statement serves several purposes including:
- To provide some information about your background and your goals
- To provide an idea of who you are that can’t be gathered from your application and transcript
- To highlight your personal strengths, qualities and characteristics
- To show that you know something about the specialty you have chosen and are a good match for that specialty
- To show your commitment to the specialty
A couple of fellowship personal statement tips to remember are that your personal statement needs to be interesting, as it will be the major factor in whether or not you are selected for an interview. It also shouldn’t contain any information you wouldn’t want to discuss in the interview.
Further Tips for Writing a Personal Statement for Fellowship
Being selected for a fellowship can have a major impact on your career. As it is likely that you have had to write a medical fellowship personal statement, it would be a good idea to brush up on the tips for writing a personal statement that worked for you last time. The following personal statement writing tips may be familiar but can always bear repeating:
- Keep your personal statement brief – Unless there are specific instructions that state otherwise, your fellowship personal statement should be no longer than one page.
- Avoid clichés and quotations – Shakespeare may have said it better, but selection committees would prefer to hear about you in your own words.
- Don’t write about why you didn’t choose another field – The selection committee doesn’t want to know why you didn’t choose something else. They want to know why you chose this specialty.
- Proofread – At this stage spelling mistakes and grammatical errors will most likely torpedo your chances.
Many people have difficulty writing about themselves and often this is something no number of tips for writing a personal statement can get past. If you are having difficulty writing your fellowship personal statement, we offer a service that can help.
About Our Fellowship Personal Statement Writing Service
We offer fellowship personal statement writing and editing for all types of fellowship programs as well as assistance with all other fellowship application documents. Our professional writers are experienced with the fellowship application process and know what selection committees like to see in a personal statement. Advantages of using our service include:
- High quality personal statement for fellowship– Every fellowship personal statement we provide is completely original, well written and error free.
- Guarantees – We guarantee that all work we provide satisfies your requirements and is delivered on time
- Live customer support 24/7
- Complete customer confidentiality