The University of Washington (UW) Department of Pediatrics aims to improve the health of children by providing excellent services and innovative strategies. These will be used in training the future pediatricians and physicians who will take care of the children. This mission of the UW Department of Pediatrics will come to life through a partnership with academic and health care institutions plus the opportunities offered through Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine fellowships.
Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Overview
The Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine fellowship lasts for three years. The first year in the NICU fellowships is spent on the expansion of the fellow’s skills and clinical knowledge base. The second year marks the transition from trainee to becoming an attending neonatologist and the third year marks its completion.
How to Apply for Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship
If you have completed your two or three year training in a pediatric residency program that has received an ACGME approval and has passed the three USMLE steps, you can already prepare the following Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine fellowship requirements:
- Application completed online
- Most recent picture
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine personal statement
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE) or letter from the Dean
- Transcript issued by the medical school
- Parts 1-3 of the USMLE
- For graduates from schools located outside the U.S., valid ECFMG certification that has not yet expired prior to the fellowship commencement
- For non-U.S. citizens or residents, copy of up to date and relevant visa
Help with Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Personal Statement
Are you thinking of skipping the Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine personal statement? This is something that you should not do if you really want to be considered for the program. Do you know that the NICU personal statement is one of the most important requirements for you to be considered for an interview?
Do not worry if you cannot write it because we can do it for you. We will help you stand out from the pool of applicants by creating a statement that will be better than all the rest.